Introduction to Cochrane Methodology, 20 - 24 November 2023
Cochrane Sweden is pleased to announce that registration is now open for our 1-week course on Cochrane Methodology from 20 - 24 November 2023. The course is aimed to be conducted at campus in Lund from Monday to Thursday and online over Zoom for Friday.
The course is primarily aimed at Ph.D. students and researchers from the fields of medicine, health science or epidemiology but is open to join for everyone interested in creating or understanding systematic reviews.
This 40-hour course will cover the following topics and also include self-tuition with Cochrane Interactive Learning.
Lectures, discussions, group work and the Cochrane Interactive Learning platform.
- Attendance, active participation in discussions and teamwork, and completion of modules 1-8 of Cochrane Interactive Learning.
- Mornings on campus in Lund, Sweden on Monday to Thursday and over Zoom on Friday. Afternoons will contain individual work in the Cochrane Interactive Learning modules.
- For Ph.D students from the Faculty of Medicine (from Swedish Universities or inside EEA): Free participation.
- For other participants (i.e. individuals not enrolled in a Ph.D program within EU/EEA): 5000 SEK. When you register for the course at the Lund University page below, indicate that you are not enrolled as a PhD student within EU/EEA in "Other Comments" and we will contact you for invoice details if you are admitted.
- The registration is done through Lund University website for everyone https://forskarutbildningskurser.web.med.lu.se/index.php (even if you're not based at Lund University).
The course is aimed at PhD students and researchers who want to increase their knowledge about how to conduct a systematic review or an evidence synthesis related to interventions. The course is also relevant for people who will use systematic reviews, evidence synthesis or results from randomized trials to inform decisions in healthcare.
The course will include lecturers and facilitators from several Cochrane Centers, each within their expert area. Discussions and working in groups will be mixed with lectures and individual work within the Cochrane Interactive Learning-modules. There will be time to ask individual questions to our lecturers and facilitators about your own potential reviews or other evidence-related questions during the week.